Advanced Academics Programs
Fairfax County Public Schools offers a continuum of advanced academic services for students K-12 that builds upon students' individual strengths and skills and maximizes the academic potential for all learners.
Our school Advanced Academic resource teacher (AART), Kristine Choi, collaborates with the school staff to determine the appropriate level of advanced academic services. Parents may refer their child for advanced academic services or get additional information on the screening process or advanced academic opportunities at our school by contacting Mrs. Choi. Ongoing observation and assessment ensures that student needs are being met.
Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) Parent Information Sessions - Mosaic Elementary
All parents are invited to the following information sessions. They will be recorded if you are unable to attend. If you have any questions, please contact our Advanced Academics Resource Teacher (AART), Kristine Choi, at @email or by calling (703) 937-1633.
- Overview and Elementary Continuum- Sept. 7 at 10:00 a.m. - recording is available**
- Screening and Selection for Level IV- October 12 at 6:00 p.m.– Zoom Link
- AAP Services in Secondary Schools- October 26 at 10:00 a.m. – Zoom Link
**The recordings and slide decks will be posted to the AAP folder in the Mosaic All Parents Schoology course.
- Fall Screening for Level IV (only for students new to FCPS as of 1/1/2021): referrals due by October 7, 2021
- Spring Screening for Level IV: referrals due by December 15, 2021
For more information and any forms, please go to this link.